1) The carrier and driver, jointly and separately, are authorized to operate and transport his/her or their motor vehicle between the pick-up location and the destination set forth in the auto transport order contract.
2) Trucking damage claims are covered by the carrier from $100,000 to $250,000 in cargo insurance per load, and a minimum of 3/4 of a million dollars in public liability and property damage. All claims must be noted and signed for at the time of delivery and submitted in writing within 15 days of delivery.
3) Luggage and personal property must be confined to the trunk, with no heavy articles, and not exceed 100 lbs. The carrier is not liable for damage caused to the vehicle from excessive or improper loading of personal items.
4) The price quoted is for cash or certified funds payments only. If the client is paying the full amount with his credit card, an additional 7% charge will be applied and added to the total tariff. Full payment with a credit card must be completed before pick up. Pick up and delivery is from your door unless residential area restrictions apply. Pickups by appointment are available for an additional fee from smaller unrestricted auto carriers.
5) Vehicles must be tendered to carriers in good running condition with no more than a half tank of fuel. Carriers will not be liable for damage caused by leaking fluids, freezing, exhaust systems, or antennas not tied down. Any claim for loss or damage must be noted and signed on the condition report at the time of delivery.
6) If a carrier is sent out and the vehicle isn’t ready as indicated by the shipper, there will be an additional $75.00 rescheduling fee. JK Auto Shipping must be notified, should the shipper be unavailable for pick-up or delivery. The shipper must have an alternate representative take his/her place as shipper. If, for any reason, the vehicle becomes unavailable during a scheduled pick-up window after an order has been placed, JK Auto Shipping has the right to cancel the order with no refund.
7) JK Auto Shipping agrees to provide a carrier to transport your vehicle as promptly as possible in accordance with your instructions, but cannot guarantee pick-up or delivery on a specified date. An administration fee of $200 will be charged for orders cancelled prior to one week after the requested available pick-up date. JK Auto Shipping does not agree to pay for your vehicle rental, nor is it liable for mechanical or operating parts failure in your vehicle.
8) A $150.00 non-operational fee will be charged for all non-running vehicles. This will be included in the final quote received from JK Auto Shipping. If the vehicle becomes non-operational during transport, a fee will be applied to the original quote.
9) The shipper warrants that he will pay the price quoted due to JK Auto Shipping for delivered vehicles, and will not seek to charge back a credit card. This agreement and any shipment hereunder is subject to all terms and conditions of the carrier’s tariff and the uniform straight bill of lading, copies of which are available at the office of the carrier. This supersedes all prior written or oral representations of JK Auto Shipping and constitutes the entire agreement between the shipper and JK Auto Shipping and may not be changed except in writing signed by an officer of JK Auto Shipping. JK Auto Shipping has authorization to cancel an order at anytime.